Subscribe NOW

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Networking vs Marketing

In the business of Network Marketing, it's
interesting to consider what the name
implies. If you don't think too much about
it, it sounds like a simple concept; you
market your business by networking, 
right?

After you've been in the business about 10
minutes, you discover that 'Networking' is
just a fancy word for 'talk to lots of people'.
Sounds easy enough, right? Fun even. A great way to make money.
IF you LIKE talking to lots of people...

And IF if the people you talk to are people 
who say "yes" to what you have to offer, and then stick.
Independently, forever.
If you want to build a big business, it's key that those same people LIKE to talk to lots of people who say "yes" to whatever they are offering and then stick.
Independently, forever.
And so on...
That would be perfect. For those people.

But what about the rest of us??

It's not that I don't like talking to people, don't get me wrong.
It's mostly that I don't like talking to people when I'm supposed to say things that someone else cooked up that is supposed to be the magic 30 second pitch to get everyone to listen, get excited on the spot and say "yes" to whatever I say next.
I definitely don't like that.
I don't like talking to people if I'm really not sure what comes next. (Besides of course, talking to people.)

I like to have a plan. I like to know that my gifts and talents and resources are being used at my highest and best. I don't like to gamble with random odds that determine if and when I get lucky.
So what about you?
Are you anything like me? If so, it may be the MARKETING side of the business that makes sense for you.
Marketing is long-term exposure to a target audience with the goal of building rapport and reputation. Marketing is about establishing your presence in the marketplace of choice.

Strategic marketing means you have a plan to make that happen.

And that is what I LOVE about Network MARKETING.

If you've been doing the networking and just not getting the results you want, maybe it's time to learn how to do some marketing.
Join us live most Mondays to find out more about the 13 Key Elements for strategic marketing!
Email me directly for info on how to join us: paula@paulaenglish.com

Comments

Popular Posts