Subscribe NOW

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

the other 94 things - focus vs multitasking

the other 94 things

Taking a look at my daily to do list I'm seeing some patterns I wasn't aware of.
I've tried to keep my tendency to be a multi-tasker pretty much in the closet. FOCUS and CONSISTENCY is the foundation for strategic execution of a well developed plan. Random irregularities don't fit it. Multi-tasking looks like there isn't enough time in the day to do everything, so I must do everything at once. Results: distraction, incomplete projects and higher risk of error.
Darn.
I know I am more of an in-time person than an on-time person so structuring everything to the time clock is not my strong suit. And yet, IF I really want to do more in less time, I want to organize in such a way that I spend the least amount of time required for the routine stuff and the maximum time and creative energy on the things that will move me in the direction I have set. Not all activities are equal. So, doing them all at once levels the playing field in error.
Great thing to get clarity around.

Comments

Popular Posts